"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding!" Kahlil Gibran.

Friday, June 14, 2013

I Love You.



 I have been confiding in it whole of last year.
“It” has been literally my “everything”.
When my heart pined, I confided in it.
When out of the blue, my heart  felt optimistic,  I shared with it.
There were times when I urged it to remain calm. It tried and obeyed finally.
At times, I wondered how  could I be so optimistic about a hopeless situation. I asked it.
It said, “just wait” and I obeyed.
I cried.  It listened to my sobs…quietly comforting me.
Sometimes when I felt extremely happy, It smiled with me.
When it became restless, I panicked.
Then I engaged it somewhere else and we both managed to recover.

I conversed with “my mind” almost every moment last year.
It has helped me through many ups.
It has helped me through many downs.
It has been an exceptional companion.
With such good communication with it, I felt lesser need of friends to talk to.
I appeared all chirpy to them all the time. I think I truly was.

My dear  “mind”,
I thank you.
I must have stressed you out but you didn’t complain.
You must have gone mad when I contradicted myself.
You stood by me, in thick and thin.
I love you “my mind” for being there.
I am assured, no matter what, you will always be there! With me! For me! As me!
I thank you once again, my friend, for living with me in such harmony.
I love you and I love our symbiotic companionship!


4 comments: