"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding!" Kahlil Gibran.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

....It's been soooo long...

I feel the need to re-invent myself....as an actor....!

It was really very long since I groomed myself under Dubeyji and Chetan Datar and that was way back in my early college days...
Though the training under Dubeyji and Chetan was enjoyable, I totally lacked the focus. Did I really want to take this up as a career? I was not sure then. It was fun being appreciated by dubeyji one day and being scolded the very next day. Little did I take it to heart!
It was so easy then to take up fights with Chetan.
Acting really seemed easy to me in those days. I just did something freely on stage and thought it was the best performance by me. Simple. No complications!

Times change, one grows older and suddenly everything seems so difficult....
I feel stuck, saturated.
I am not the same carefree girl at 16 anymore, there is no chetan datar around....Dubeyji neither....

I am looking for guidance all over again....really looking from the bottom of my heart...I feel directionless....lonely....incapable....
I profoundly miss them....dubeyji and chetan..
I really don't know who to look up to now.

Where do I go from here? I wonder.......




6 comments:

  1. one can understand your feelings from an aptly written article......keep writing..........all d best.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant blog indeed! I have seen you mainly on the TV and have always been a great fan. The recent blog post - well, I think I can understand the feelings which you have so nicely expressed. Sometimes, the life poses most intriguing questions despite one's devotion to the work (in your case, acting), the wealth of remarkable ideas and experiences during the long career... But, I am sure, with the deeper awareness which comes with the time, you'll figure out... Wish you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for reading my feelings and understanding them....really appreciate your comments..thank u again.

      Delete
  3. Great blog! Thanks for reminding me of my friend Chetan...All I can say is that it is time for you to share your experiences with the younger lot..

    ReplyDelete