"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding!" Kahlil Gibran.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Few Stray Thoughts.....

Yesterday evening, while I was walking to my Power Yoga class just at the end of the lane where I stay, I heard someone saying strongly, "Don't raise your voice". Hearing this, I obviously looked in the direction. I saw the usual cobbler at the corner of my lane in his tiny establishment. But today, something else was happening. Standing there with him, was a lady, properly clad in a sari, neatly tied hair in a bun like style, fair with a red bindi on her forehead. She may have been his wife or sister. He was ordering her to talk in a lower tone. "How can someone insult a woman and that too one's own relative, like this on the road? I wondered.
She just stepped back a little blabbering something to herself. He looked angry.
Their fight seemed over...tentatively! I continued walking to my class.

Doing excercise in the evening is a big stress buster. Specially, the poweryoga session has the power to rejuvanate your body and mind. Its my own experience that I feel extremely energised after my power yoga session.
"Excercise, in any form that suits you, is a must! and it should be a lifelong commitment." (Says Rujuta Diwekar, who is the fitness guide to Kareena Kapoor. Bebo, we all know flaunts her size zero with full confidence these days.)

Today, I went to meet a producer (without proper appointment) regarding pending payment. I reached the office at 12pm and asked the reception guy if Madam was in. He said she wasn't and that he had no idea if she was going to come to office. "Did she come yesterday?" I asked., "Yes, around same time". "Okay, so I can go for an audition nearby and come back to try my luck." I thought to myself and left. When I came back to office, I was happy to know that Madam was in the office.Unfortunately, I had missed her at 12pm because she came in just after I left. Anyway, I had a chance now. I asked the reception to tell her that I had come in to meet her. He called up the upper floor reception, where madam has her cabin, to inquire. "Madam is not in her cabin" came the reply. I waited a few moments and took the lift to go up to accounts department to take my pending payment status which I would show her when I meet her. I got into the lift to go up and as luck would have it, she came down in the adjucent lift and left the office without knowing that I wished to meet her. Missed her again second time in a day! I consoled myself saying may be today wasn't the right day to meet her anyway. So better luck next time.

I was carrying lot of food items for the street urchins who invariably stick their faces to the car window and normally, I look the other way. While at signal, today, I was waiting anxiously for at least one kid to come sothat I can give the snacks. Fervently, I looked in the rear view mirror and the side mirror again and again, but no sign of a single kid. No luck here as well. God knows where they all disappeared today.

Well, just a few stray thoughts for today.......before I begin writing my first ever short story next time!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sharvari..nice blog..

    BTW when I read about the beggar kids, I always tend to do that. I remember when I was in India last time and these three lil kids were behind me asking for some money, I instead thought of giving them something to eat. So I made the Vada Pav wala at the corner to prepare some fresh for these kids. The smile on their face made me so happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always happens that way. When you want to give something, they are not around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ups n downs are part of life. we won't realize the value of one without the other!

    ReplyDelete