"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding!" Kahlil Gibran.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

An Unusual Rainy Day...

Can anyone imagine rain in the first week of November in Mumbai? Yes, it's raining ! An unusual day really.
Its been raining since morning today. I went to the bank and then to the market to do usual chores while it drizzled pleasantly. A few guests are invited to dine with us in the evening. So I helped my mother prapare the dinner. Then the rainy, cosy day lulled me into an hourlong nap.
When I woke up, it was dark outside. and it was only 4.30pm. After a few more chores in the kitchen, I settled myself in the window with steamy hot ginger tea.
Having leisurely tea is my energy booster. I start loving life with a cuppa tea in hand and nothing to do.
From the window, I could see a small section of the road, where I could see many colourful umbrellas walking here n there. A kid with a little umbrella walking ahead of his nanny, back home from school..what could be his plan for this unprecedented rainy evening? Would his little mind be thinking about it or would he be guessing what his mother prepared for evening snack? ...A lone drenched crow on the cable wire.... A kid sitting inside the window grill on the fourth floor of the neighbouring apartment, his hands n legs stretched out of the window.....trying to hold raindrops in his little palms....green leaves now shining with rainwater.....the cool, refreshing breeze to soothe your senses while observing those little things around..It was a delightful evening!
I have been reading books on positive thinking and training your mind to live in the present moment. I think this was the blissful evening when I really experienced the calmness of my mind and its earnestness to feel the nature in the present moment and enjoying it fully ....

2 comments: